Ten10 is the UK’s leading independent software testing consultancy. As a forward-thinking, award winning business, we bring our energy, passion and enthusiasm to everything we do. We reward both team and individual excellence, value new and exciting ideas and benefit from an open and collaborative culture.
Ten10 has offices in Leeds, London and Brighton, a presence in America and also, many Ten10 teams based on-site with many of our established clients.
We are currently looking for an ambitious, knowledgeable and tech-focused professional to join the Leeds based team who will focus on teaching industry leading skills to new members of the Ten10 Graduate Scheme (known as the Academy) and consistently developing the courses in line with the demands of the industry.
Details of the Academy
Ten10 runs 5 Academies per annum with each cohort consisting of approximately 22 people of varied academic backgrounds (both STEM and non-STEM); they begin with 6 weeks of classroom-based core training and then have the opportunity to complete additional training courses before moving to a Ten10 clientsite to gain hands-on experience. Accepting candidates from any Degree discipline means delivering introductory training courses to people who may not have any form of a Technical background.
Course topics include: Agile Methodology, Enterprise IT, DevOps, Technical Testing, Test Automation – Java and APIs.
- Leading the delivery of introductory training courses
- Delivering the DevOps module of core-training
- Delivering the 5 week Developer Academy course to selected students, covering Java, .NET, Web Development, Database Development and more
- Assisting the Head of Learning and Development and Head of Technical Training in developing training courses, ensuring that they are constantly evolving alongside industry trends
- Provide guidance and support to students learning/utilising new technical skills
- Acting as a technical mentor to the graduate pool
- Assessing and providing feedback on graduates
Essential Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS – gained through completing front-end development projects in a commercial setting
- Working knowledge of SQL- Ideally with experience of commercial use
- Working knowledge of IT operations within a commercial environment, ideally with some hands-on System Administration experience
- Proven experience of training or mentoring junior staff
- Our ideal candidate will live and breathe Technology and will talk about it with enthusiasm and passion; they’ll also have a relatively wide breadth of interests and experience within the industry
Working at Ten10
- Holiday: 25 days (1 extra day every year for the first 3 years)
- Pension: Contributory matched by employer up to 5%
- Health: Health Plan, Death In Service, Eye Tests
- Subsidised Gym, Bike to Work,
- Season Ticket Loan
- Training: Excellent training and development opportunities are also tailored to you.
- Social: Summer & Xmas Parties, Team social and sporting events.
- Flexible working
Ten10 is dedicated to promotion of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We want to recruit outstanding people for our team on the basis of capability, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, civil partner status, pregnancy, maternity, race, nationality, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We make sure that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment process.
Employees who are involved in the selection and interviewing process will be fully aware of relevant legislation and the importance of avoiding discrimination.