As our next Release and Configuration Engineer you’ll be responsible for providing Senior Engineering Support for the release and configuration of deployments across YBS environments whilst managing the usage of all Environments and driving the use of automation to speed up the end-to-end deployment time. You’ll join a likeminded team in our Leeds & Bradford based Technology Operations function.
What You’ll Do
– Coordinate and facilitate all aspects of release and configuration management, implementing and enhancing YBS Group environments and related processes and tasks.
– Manage and controls the software application build process to deliver continuous builds and related testing using a variety of tools/software e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Git
– Perform debugging activities to determine where automation failures should be directed to be addressed using Linux and Windows, and other approved operating systems troubleshooting skills
– Design and implement a reliable build automation framework by working with Infrastructure and Development teams to increase automation and decrease cycle times.
– Performs configuration management activities to maintain and manage release and development software code within the software repository to ensure consistency of code check-ins to maintain integrity of software products.
– Perform deployments of code, software and infrastructure to non-production and live environments, in accordance with Change and Release processes and at a time agreed by all parties.
– To provide office cover within the team between 7am and 6pm, Monday-Friday to ensure support and availability for releases and deployments to all environments. To provide support out of these office hours on a rota basis for any work requiring the teams support and availability where required to be onsite for this work.
– High level of knowledge of multiple technology stacks including Middleware, Database, Messaging systems, containerisation, virtualisation and monitoring and how to manage these in complex Business Critical IT environments.
– Strong Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems Administration skills
– Knowledge of software and scripting languages including Python and underlying Software Development Kits and Application Programming Interfaces which provide automation capability for manual build/deployment activities
– Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Delivery techniques (e.g. Jenkins)
– Knowledge of web-tier technologies
Life at YBS
In addition to the usual benefits such as competitive salary, annual bonus and healthcare packages we offer you…
Flexibility – Whether it’s picking up the kids from school or catching that early morning yoga session we have you covered.
Celebrating Success – From everyday thank you cards, to our annual ‘Raising the Roof’ gala to celebrate our golden ticket winners we acknowledge our colleagues successes no matter how big or small.
Giving Back – Fancy 31 hours of paid leave a year to get involved in community activities? Together last year, we completed more than 11,000 hours of volunteering!
Inclusivity – We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Site Perks – Some of our sites have added little extras such as a gym, restaurant and free parking at our Bradford site, roof garden in Leeds, and on-site restaurant and free parking at our Peterborough site.
If you’ve got a solid background in Release & Configuration and you want to develop a career in an empowering, respectful and supporting business then why not join us?
Our people are our heart and soul; we’re commercial and caring, big enough to offer you a challenge and small enough for you to make a real impact. We’re devoted to putting people first and doing the right thing by providing real help with real life.
If you have any questions please contact either Mark Edeson or Tazafia Mahmood on 01274 80 1234 option 2 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to hear from you so why not apply today and be Your Brilliant Self!Apply