NIQS is looking for a talented strategic product manager with a diverse skill set to join our team based in Leeds. As part of this team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the product – our non-invasive glucose sensor – that will revolutionise how diabetes and glucose levels are managed.
The job will involve a range of tasks related to planning and managing the lifecycle of the product, such as building the MRD (Market Requirements Document) defining market, technical and user requirements, defining and validating the MVP, planning routes to market, and using these findings to define the capabilities and features of a successful product. This position requires the individual to be a self starter, be proactive, take initiative, have excellent interpersonal skills, and previous experience in a similar role.
At NIQS you will be working in a fast-paced, but friendly, supportive, and respectful environment. We are looking for people who can work well as part of a team, who have ambition, and a real passion for what they do.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
The product manager will be tasked with:
• Defining customer and end-users needs and producing MRD.
• Defining the route to market.
• Business case – market opportunity, competitive analysis, USPs, and 3-year forecasting.
• Tactical marketing using all forms of media & planning/managing trade shows to support PR.
• Defining the strategy, vision, and roadmap of the product.
• Focus on outlining the minimum viable product (MVP) and writing product collateral: datasheets, user manuals, training materials etc.
• Determining protectable IP.
• Gather early feedback for the MVP – especially requests for feature enhancements.
• Working with the technical team to build a bill of materials for MVP.
• Proposing the price and building a sales forecast for MVP.
• Customer discovery – building relationships with customers/end-users and identifying opportunities for trialling.
• All aspects of the product launch.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific field.
• Demonstrate previous experience in a similar role.
• Leadership skills.
• Strategic thinking.
• Excellent team working skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working in cross-functional teams.
• Experience working with early-stage technology start-ups.
• Experience as a product manager working with healthcare technologies, or healthcare markets.
• Knowledge or experience working with ISO13485.
To apply for this role, please answer the following questions and email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy of your CV attached. This will help to make the process fair and consistent by evaluating all candidates using the same criteria.
• Why do I want to work for NIQS?
• What are my relevant qualifications or experiences for this role?
• Why am I the best candidate for this role?
• Examples where I have worked well as part of a team/demonstrated problem solving abilities?
• Salary increase in subsequent years.
• 28 days annual leave.
• Flexible working from home options.
• Career development.
• Responsibility and mentorship opportunities.
• Share options.
Diversity & Inclusion:
NIQS strives to create an inclusive and equal opportunity for employment and development, where progression is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. This means that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to national origin, age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religious beliefs.
Essential attributes for this post: Demonstrate previous experience as a Chief Operations Officer or similar role. • Understanding of business functions, such as finance, marketing etc. Competency in strategic planning and business development. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Excellent planning, organisational, and leadership skills. Excellent team working skills. Aptitude in decision-making and problem solving. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience working in cross-functional teams.
Essential for this post: Previous experience working in a laboratory environment with laboratory equipment. • Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or physical sciences, or related scientific field/industry experience. • Technical skills to be able to properly use lab equipment. • Observational and analytical skills. • Proficiency with statistical analysis tools and coding languages. • Excellent team working skills. • Excellent planning and organisational skills. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential for this post: • Bachelor’s or Master’s in photonics, electrical engineering, or related discipline/comparable industry experience (PhD is desirable). • Experience designing and testing optical and electrical components and sub-systems. • Complex problem-solving skills. • Excellent team working skills. • Excellent planning and organisational skills. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills