We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 23 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content. Join as a Non-functional Tester and you’ll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package, an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
– Performing non-functional testing against back-end / service layer implementations within an agile software development environment utilising continuous delivery pipeline
– Comfortable with taking full ownership of the non-functional test process that includes ownership of the sign-off of each release.
– Building and designing real world test scenarios that are integrated into the continuous delivery pipeline.
– Work with the business owner and developers to identify and ensure non-functional requirements are defined and are satisfied through testing.
– Able to take ownership of test environments to include the scheduling and deployment of production-ready software in every iteration
– Conducting tests to prove high availability systems (circuit breakers, kill switches)
– Knowledge of at least 2 programming/scripting languages, with Python, Bash and Lua as preferred
– Working experience in Unix/Linux systems
– Be familiar with communication protocol/technologies, HTTP/HTTPS is essential
– Some experience with monitoring/visualization/time series database technologies, with Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk as preferred
– Knowledge and experience of containerisation, with Docker and Rancher as preferred
– Working experience using version control, Git as preferred
– Ability in liaising with other teams for end-to-end system testing
– Ability to design and clearly document performance test strategies
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in betterApply