NIQS is looking for a talented laboratory analyst with a diverse skill set to join our R&D team based in Leeds. As part of this team, you will be working with the technical lead and photonics design engineer to support scientific investigations and laboratory-based tasks to help gather data and develop our non-invasive glucose sensor that will revolutionise how diabetes and glucose levels are managed.
The job will involve a range of tasks laboratory-based tasks and experiments, such as preparing samples, conducting measurements, analysing data, and recording results.
At NIQS you will be working in a fast-paced, but friendly, supportive, and respectful environment. We are looking for people who can work well as part of a team, who have ambition, and a real passion for what they do.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
You will work alongside the other R&D team members to:
• Provide technical support.
• Help set up experiments and prepare samples ready for measurements.
• Analyse and record data to support further scientific investigations and patent filings.
• Write detailed summaries and reviews of experiments and results.
• Document new experimental techniques and know-how.
• Analyse and optimise data collection.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
• Previous experience working in a laboratory environment with laboratory equipment.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or physical sciences, or related scientific field/industry experience.
• Technical skills to be able to properly use lab equipment.
• Observational and analytical skills.
• Proficiency with statistical analysis tools and coding languages.
• Excellent team working skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Practical experience/knowledge of optical and or laser spectroscopy.
• Experience working in cross-functional teams.
To apply for this role, please answer the following questions and attach a copy of your CV. This will help to make the process fair and consistent by evaluating all candidates using the same criteria.
• Why do I want to work for NIQS?
• What are my relevant qualifications or experiences for this role?
• Why am I the best candidate for this role?
• Examples where I have worked well as part of a team/demonstrated problem solving abilities?
• Salary increase in subsequent years.
• 28 days annual leave.
• Flexible working from home options.
• Career development.
• Responsibility and mentorship opportunities.
• Share options.
Diversity & Inclusion:
NIQS strives to create an inclusive and equal opportunity for employment and development, where progression is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. This means that all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to national origin, age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religious beliefs.
Essential attributes for this post: Demonstrate previous experience as a Chief Operations Officer or similar role. • Understanding of business functions, such as finance, marketing etc. Competency in strategic planning and business development. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Excellent planning, organisational, and leadership skills. Excellent team working skills. Aptitude in decision-making and problem solving. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience working in cross-functional teams.
Essential for this post: • Bachelor’s or Master’s in photonics, electrical engineering, or related discipline/comparable industry experience (PhD is desirable). • Experience designing and testing optical and electrical components and sub-systems. • Complex problem-solving skills. • Excellent team working skills. • Excellent planning and organisational skills. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Requirements for this post: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific field. • Demonstrate previous experience in a similar role. • Leadership skills. • Strategic thinking. • Excellent team working skills. • Excellent planning and organisational skills. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Experience working in cross-functional teams.