We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
At Digital Platforms, we are responsible for delivering many of the Sky web and mobile experiences to our customers, including for Sky Sports and Sky News across Europe.These are some of the biggest digital experiences around, and deliver a top quality service to well over 30 million unique users on a monthly basis.Digital Platforms is also part of the larger Sky family, which includes our broadcast teams amongst others, who we also work with closely to ensure that there is a holistic approach to support.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
– Design, develop and test features in new iPhone and iPad applications
– Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge.
– Create applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
– Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal Sky standards and industry best-practice.
– Ensure that design, development and testing activities adhere to these guidelines.
– Create prototypes of new technologies across iOS devices.
– Extensive iOS development experience with Functional Swift (3.2+)
– Xcode, Cocoa Touch
– Architecture Patterns (including non-MVC such as MVP, MVVM & VIPER)
– Applied knowledge of software engineer best practice and multiple software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum
– Applied knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles.
– Applied knowledge of the principles of Test Driven Development on iOS and the benefits that are realised.
– Applied knowledge of principles of Business Driven Development on iOS and the benefits that are realised.
– In-depth experience of working with RESTful APIs
– In-depth experience of developing user interfaces (Auto Layout, Constraints & Size Classes)
– Successfully completion of multiple applications published in the Apple App Store
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better