Audacia is a Leeds and London based software development company. We specialise in building complex, integral software solutions for clients including global mechanical seals manufacturer AESSEAL; leading telecommunications provider O2; and award-winning offshore solutions provider Specialist Marine Consultants (SMC).
We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our growing development team in Leeds City Centre, based in our waterfront office on The Calls.
We focus on keeping our teams happy through providing interesting and challenging projects with ongoing opportunities to learn and develop. As an experienced software developer, you’ll be using the latest tools, technologies and platforms, such as .NET Core and Azure PaaS, to build intuitive and scalable solutions for a range of clients across multiple industries. From commodities trading platforms for one of the largest agricultural companies in the world, to applications that manage people across one of the biggest offshore wind farms in the world.
You’ll be working in a team made up of developers, testers and project managers. People who are friendly and engaging analytical thinkers who have a passion for technology and love to solve complex problems. You’ll be working in a culture focused on collaboration, transparency and working as a single team, with each other and with clients.
We trust our teams, so you’ll be given autonomy and ownership within projects. You’ll be provided with the tools and services needed for you to work to your full potential, alongside the help and guidance you need when required.
You’ll benefit from quarterly progression reviews to assess where you are in terms of your desired career path and personal progress. Your career is yours to drive at Audacia, with opportunities to lead teams and move into management positions.
You’ll be part of a community here, with people who like to socialise both inside and outside of work.
About the role
As an Experienced Software Developer, you will work within a small development team to develop complex business critical software solutions for a broad range of clients across multiple sectors.
You will be required to:
- Develop and unit test software to a high quality.
- Work to deadlines and provide progress updates throughout the development.
- Work as part of a development team, liaising with Testers, Project Managers and other Developers to deliver the full solution.
- Contribute to the estimation and definition of the work that is required.
- Follow the established Agile delivery methodology.
- Gain a working understanding of the business processes of our clients.
- Work closely with customer representatives and the internal development team to define appropriate acceptance criteria for each feature.
Key Competencies & Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills including time management.
- Willingness, ability to self-learn and quickly adapt to new technologies, tools and working practises.
- Minimum 4 years commercial development.
- Working directly with clients.
- Business analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Working in an Agile development environment.
Technologies & Tools:
- Angular or Vue
- .NET Core
- RESTful APIs
- Cloud Development (e.g. Azure)
- ORM (e.g. Entity Framework)
Click the link below to apply, or email email@example.com and attach your CV with a reference to the job role.