Yorkshire Building Society is changing and we’re passionate about our future. Our people are our heart and soul, and we need a talented Front End Developer to join our Leeds based Digital function on a temporary day rate basis for at least 3 months.
What you’ll be doing:
– Developing engaging innovative new features for our websites
– Taking design mock-ups and converting them into visually appealing web experiences
– Ensuring the technical feasibility of UX/UI designs
– Writing front-end code that performs great and adheres to team standards and industry best practice
– Reviewing other developers work to ensure quality standards are maintained
The Knowledge & Skills you’ll have:
– A strong technical background
– Knowledge of Responsive Web Design
– A proven track record of building engaging websites
– Ability to write well-structured, maintainable front-end code
– Knowledge of web standards and web accessibility requirements
– Understanding of SEO best practices
– Excellent analytical and reasoning skills with strong interpersonal and written communication skills
– Great attention to detail
– Knowledge of responsive CSS frameworks (e.g. Foundation)
– Experience using an enterprise CMS
– Knowledge of any of these is a bonus: jQuery, Handlebars, SASS, GIT, JS frameworks
Why Join Us?
We’re both commercial and caring. Big enough to offer fresh challenge with new opportunities and small enough so you can shape our future and make an impact. We’re devoted to putting our customers first and doing the right thing, providing real help with real life. Look after our customers and we’ll look after you. Join us and be Your Brilliant Self.
Yorkshire Building Society is an Equal Opportunities Employer.Apply