The Data City provides definitive economic insights using Open Data, The Web and Artificial Intelligence. We are in the process of building one of the world’s best data assets, measuring economic growth, innovation, and investment. We are changing the way we measure the economy and disrupting how decisions are made about investments in our cities and towns. We are based in Leeds and operate across the UK, working with a wide range of national and local government organisations and private companies. We are currently in the process of raising investment funding to take The Data City Global.
As part of the Technation Rising Stars program, we were voted one of the top 3 tech startups in Yorkshire in 2019.
You are a capable, curious, and ambitious Data Analyst, who wants to help us build the world’s best data products, measuring investment, innovation and the economic structures of our cities and towns, and tell stories to help our customers and generate interest in our products. You will join a bleeding-edge innovative data business that is changing the world of economics and cities, using data science and artificial intelligence. You will be working with our multi specialist team of Entrepreneurs, Innovators, Web-Developers, Data Scientists and Software Developers.
Most importantly, you will be a great person to work with and great at what you do.
What you will do:
As a Data City: Data Analyst, you will support the work of the Customer Team:
- Innovation: Understanding and shaping the questions we should answer and the products we should make to solve the current and future challenges of our customers.
- Data Analysis & Insight: Using our DataCity tools, you will provide insight and analysis to answer our customers questions and/or create stories to generate interest in our products .
- Data Story Communication: You will be responsible for engaging with existing and potential customers to get the most from our products and to demonstrate how they can be applied.
All of the Team at The DataCity are involved in the day to day running of projects, development of software and our data assets, we expect that in addition to your data science responsibilities you will be also involved in the delivery of:
- working with our clients & customers to understand their drivers and requirements.
- working with our clients to successfully use the DataCity software products
- social media output & engagement
- conducting research
- writing blogs, case studies and reports
- general administrative duties
- events/ hackathons & innovation pathways
Your Qualifications & Experience:
- A demonstrable specialism and background in data and data science
- Qualifications or Experience in data or computer science, marketing, science, engineering, math’s, economics, policy, business, social science or another relevant subject
- Experience of working in a busy environment with the proven ability to work under pressure
- An interest in software development, data, and research
- Excellent project management skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Organised and methodical approach to task completion including good planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to research and work independently with strong attention to detail and commitment to fact checking own work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a clear writing style
- IT literate
This contract is expected to be permanent – however we are open to flexible/part-time and other options – please do apply as we definitely want to make this position as accessible as possible.
What we will provide:
- Opportunity to work on world leading data science and economics start-up.
- Space and resources to work in our open-plan, collaborative innovation workspace at ODI Leeds in central Leeds, plus freedom to work at home whenever that makes sense for you (we worked this way before Covid19).
- Guidance on your work and, your projects, with autonomy to create real world products,
- Flexible work hours, work is a task not a destination and value is measured in output not hours.
- A competitive contract & benefits package during your time at The Data City.
- Starting salary is £20-30k per annum (depending on experience) plus pension.
Please send: a cover letter (no more than one page) & a CV (no more than two pages). Examples of your work are expected and alternatives to a standard CV are very much encouraged, but please keep them short.
To Paul Connell (Co-Founder of Data City) email@example.com
We are keen to recruit soon and may be interviewing for this position before the deadline. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.