The Applications Support Analyst role will sit in the formed Cox Automotive Enterprise Technology Business Unit, which provisions Technology services to all Cox UK Businesses and to some elements of the Cox Automotive International Business.
The Enterprise Technology Business Unit was formed in Quarter 4 of 2018, with a number of key objectives covering the delivery of enterprise wide services on behalf of the Business Units that make up Cox Automotive UK (Manheim, Retail Solutions, Next Gear Capital and Dealer Auction).
The key services provisioned span architecture, design, development, programme and project delivery, data solutions, security, service and operations.
You will be working in the Application Management team to provide high quality support of Manheim systems and applications ensuring that service delivery meets internal and external customer service level agreement. (IT includes data centre hosting, on premise server management, application, deskside services and network services).
- Responsible for providing Application support including occasional out of hours support.
- Identifying / correcting code issues written in .NET using C# on both Windows and Web solutions.
- Technically leading issues with the ability to teach and guide the less experienced team members.
- Performing application changes / upgrades / releases, following CAB processes and attending sessions as required.
- Communicating and building effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience of working in an application support team within an ITIL environment.
- Worked in development in a .NET environment with skills in C#.
- In-depth experience of relational databases, with working knowledge of SQL Server. 2005 upwards and good understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Detailed Knowledge of TSQL scripts and XML.
- Worked on messaging integration platforms such as BizTalk and Mule.
- A good understanding of internet, systems, web technologies and web service architecture.
- Knowledge of object-oriented software development methodologies and practices.
- Has had experience in design, development, test and implementation of applications changes.
- An understanding of configuration management, testing and bug tracking.
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server or equivalent source code control to build and test solutions.
- Able to produce clear technical documentation to support the delivery of a software project and knowledge transfer.
- Used call logging information systems E.g., Remedy or Service Now.
- Will need to have good inter-personnel skills in dealing with other members of the support team and the user base.
- Must be flexible in their outlook to work and be willing to adapt to new procedures and technologies as they arise.
- Must be positive and eager with a “can do” attitude.