We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content. Join as a Android Developer and you’ll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
– Design and implement new features according to their acceptance criteria for the Android platform.
– Develop high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices.
– Contribute to the technical direction of the team.
– Collaborate with the wider team (developers, analysts, product owners, etc.) to produce acceptance criteria for user stories, providing technical and domain expertise to help drive decision-making.
– Ensure that Quality is at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the applications.
– Strong knowledge of the Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
– Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
– Good knowledge of Android Studio and the Android build system i.e. Gradle.
– Experience in writing Unit and Espresso tests.
– Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
– Familiarity with continuous integration.
– Proficient in code versioning tools, including Git.
– Familiarity with Kotlin, RxJava2 and Dagger 2
– Familiarity with the application publishing lifecycle i.e. Play Store
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.Apply